We already know you’re brilliant at what you do. But are you available or are you booked 6 months out? Let everyone know in a glance what your status is, so they can grab you for just the juicy sort of jobs you want.
Turn on your availability status
* You’ll attract more inquiries.
* Employers and collaborators are more likely to reach out to those with an explicit availability status.
* Save time avoiding vetting projects with short turnarounds that you know you can’t take on.
* No worries. You can still be contacted even when you haven’t designated your availability.
How to do it?
* On your home page, in the networking section, you’ll see a text field.
* It’s just waiting for the 35 characters that tell the world to fasten their seat belts. You’re ready to rocket their project.
* Exactly where you update your availability may be tweaked over time as we both enrich and streamline Zerply, but we’ll always make it clear to you.
How will people see it?
* The public and Zerply members, too, will see your availability if they look for you on the Find page.
* Zerply members who follow you will be alerted in their Activity stream, and anyone who visits your activity stream will see that you’re ready to rock.
* Anyone who checks your profile will see your status.
* Your status is displayed in the network tab of your contacts.
* Only you won’t see it (except in the text field you filled out).
What does it look like?
* On the Converse button, visitors will see the little round green signal that means all-systems-go.
* Hover over it and they’ll see your specific availability message.
* Forgot to write an availability message? They’ll just see a sad little space.
Make the most of it with a custom message
* Saying more than, “Available” provides important info or conveys your winning (or endearingly weird) personality.
* Examples include: “Available for consulting,”Full-time position,” “Limited availability in March.”
* You’re creative. Let people know. One member says, “Available to kick ass.” PRECISELY!
Keep it fresh
* Uh-oh. Your status expires after 30 days.
* We’ll prompt you to update so you avoid most unwanted inquiries.
* A fresh status tells us you haven’t abandoned your profile, and builds your reputation even if you’re currently employed.
Go set your availability now!